• An FSA ID to sign electronically. What if I forget my FSA ID?
• Your Social Security Number
• Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
• Your 2017 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. ( https://fafsa.gov/help/irshlp9.htm
• Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
• Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
Whose tax information should I provide?
Generally speaking, if you are 23 years old or younger, you are considered a dependent student. You will report your and your parents' information.
If you are 24 years old or older, you are generally considered an independent student. You will report your own information (and, if you're married, your spouse's).
These are general guidelines. For more information about determining dependent status, click here.